Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm Proud to be an American

To celebrate the 4th of July we headed to Washington DC with some friends and had a blast. We visited the monuments on a bus tour and saw the changing of the guard at Arlington Cemetery and enjoyed a day there. To see the 4th fireworks show we had to claim a spot on the hill behind Washington Monument 5 hours before the show. While waiting we got rained on a few times. The fireworks show was great. All the firesworks seemed extra big.




Thanks Sasha, Josh, Mildred, Tehra and Andrew for the great time.



Rusty enjoyed a little debate with this guy who has been across the street from the White House since 1981. A little fun fact: Rusty loves politics and would like to be a Senator some day. So vote for him when he runs!!!

I loved Mount Vernon

I am excited to visit DC again someday. There are so many other things I want to see and do. So many people told me before we left that you can't see everything in one trip, I found out that is true.

1 comment:

Cerra said...

I don't know that I would vote a guy in for senator that argues with crazy people. hahahahaha That looks like a great trip. I had no idea you even went. Did you guys just take a long weekend?